Thursday, January 23, 2014

Vendor Spotlight: Seven Stems Floral Design & Events


Vendor Seven Stems Floral Design & Events
Phone 949.370.0727
Email sevenstems.cml@gmail.com


Seven Stems described in three words:
Unique, Inventive, Charming

Why floral design? What about your career makes it worthwhile each day?
Floral design is my passion! It is challenging, dirty, and physically exhausting; but that's what makes every day at work worthwhile because I get to play and create visual expressions of my clients.

What got you interested in floral design?
I started working at a flower shop when I was in high school and I never once thought of it as a career. By the time I got to college, I really had to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and which direction I wanted to go. Long story short, the answer was in front of me the whole time. I just didn't know it yet! Flowers make me happy and it's such a blessing to be able to design for a living!

What are some trends you foresee in floral designs?
With all of the DIY and rustic weddings lately, I see floral design going deeper into the organic design. A free spirit vibe with more wild flowers popping up, less structure, and probably in blush tones.

What's your favorite flower? Color combination?
I don't have a favorite flower; there are too many good ones! But I do love garden roses, all orchids and anything in the sunset color scheme.

How would you describe the Seven Stems floral style?
Seven Stems is very natural. I love incorporating succulents, pods, moss, and anything else dried that can be incorporated into our designs. We keep our designs organic with a great variety.

Name one thing that sets Seven Stems apart from its competitors:
We love what we do and put that into our designs. We create floral expression of our clients while being professional, with all our attention to the last detail. Anyone can play with flowers, but it takes heart, passion, to design beauty that represents love.