Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Vendor Spotlight: Urban Garden Floral


Vendor Urban Garden
Phone 760.550.9161
Email  emily@urbangardenfloral.com
Social Media Twitter  Facebook


Urban Garden described in three words:
Personal, Current, Beautiful

Why floral design? What about your career makes it worthwhile each day?
What I love most is getting to know my clients, hearing their stories and creating floral designs that represent them.  I also find a certain zen in the art of arranging.

What got you interested in floral design?
I started my career as an event planner and found myself drawn to the flowers.  I started designing and arranging on the side and then eventually it became the focal point of my career.

What are some trends you foresee in floral designs?
Two of my favorite styles, Rustic Chic and Vintage Glam, have become exceedingly popular in the past couple years.  I think these looks are here to stay, but I foresee them evolving and staying fresh as brides and designers pair new textures with unexpected flower combinations.

What’s your favorite flower? Color combination?
I am drawn to interesting and textural accents paired with classic or romantic blooms, but, for me, that “wow!” factor is achieved when a chosen color palette flows seamlessly throughout the décor and the flowers find their perfect harmony with the rest of the event design.   When that cohesiveness is achieved, it’s magic.

How would you describe the Urban Garden floral style?
This is a difficult question for me because I truly feel that my style reflects the bride and groom for whom I am designing.  I pay a lot of attention to understanding their wedding vision and creating a look that represents their style as a couple. I love trying new things in order to achieve the right look!

Name one thing that sets Urban Garden apart from its competitors:
I think flexibility and creativity sets Urban Garden apart. It is important to understand a couple’s vision, work within their budget, and come up with the perfect design for them.  Wedding flowers should communicate a couple’s, style, energy, love, and commitment and we work to achieve that with each and every bride and groom.