Thursday, January 16, 2014

Vendor Spotlight: Whimsique Designer Invitations and Stationery



Vendor Whimsíque: Designer Invitations and Stationery
Phone 858-212-7677
Email Melissa@whimsique.com

Photos by Anjuli
Company Background:
Melissa- The owner of Whimsíque majored in Fine art and Graphic Design at San Diego State University and has been designing for over 12 years. After graduating college she worked for a non-profit company producing weekly events and fundraisers and doing all of their design work. She then moved on to a well known baby company where she started as an assistant project manager and eventually worked her way up to become  their creative manager and lead designer. Her packaging, products and textiles have been in major chain stores including Target, Babies R Us, Costco and Wal Mart. While working as the lead designer, she started Whimsíque as a creative outlet. Slowly it turned into her passion. And a year and a half after it’s conception, she began to pursue it as her full time job.  Having a background on event planning she knew that it took more than pretty designs to make a company like this successful. People needed to be first, always. Whimsíque has now been delighting customers for over 5 years.

Whimsíque described in three words:
Luxurious, Limitless, Authentic.


What services does Whimsíque offer?
We design custom wedding invitations and stationery using the finest papers, embellishments and materials. Options include letterpress, laser cut, foil printing, flat printing, acrylic, wood, silk boxes and just about anything else you can dream up.


What does Whimsíque specialize in?
We specialize in custom one-of-a-kind invitations, unsurpassed service and personal attention. We offer all styles of invitations and printing allowing brides complete access to designer invitations that truly reflect their style and wedding.

What got you interested in this industry and what is the most rewarding part of your job?
I am a graphic designer by trade and always had friends asking me to design their invitations. So as gifts I would design them and loved how each one was different and unique. As I continued my career as a lead designer and eventually art director for a large international company, I realized I missed having the variety and challenge in designing- and so I started a small invitation company. After about a year of learning the ins and outs of starting a business, I shifted to focus on mainly weddings because the variety is limitless and I have always loved weddings and events (I used to produce large events and even helped with a few weddings shortly after graduating college). That was the beginning and I love it more and more each day. Every bride is different, their styles are different and what they want in their wedding invitations varies. I love the challenge and variety. Plus I feel like I make a new friend with each bride I get to work with.

What is your favorite part about creating invites/ favors for weddings?
I love getting a glimpse into the bride and groom’s big day. I love hearing all the details and seeing it all pulled together. I love being the tiniest part of making their dreams come true and enabling their vision to come to life. It is so rewarding.

Name one thing that sets Whimsíque apart from its competitors:
There are a lot of talented invitation companies out there. But in addition to making beautiful stationery- we also put a LOT of focus on customer service. I want the process to be enjoyable for the bride and groom and I want them to feel, from the beginning, that everything to do with their invitations and stationery is in good hands. Emails, phone calls, and texts are all responded to promptly. Our goal is to absolutely delight our clients by custom-designing and handcrafting their dream invitation suite while providing them with unsurpassed service and personalized attention.

Allie Lindsey Photography
Studio Carré Photographie
Tim Otto Photography
Van Hatten Photography
Owner of Whimsique, Melissa